Unexpected, nervous and everything in between

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

About a month ago, I applied for a few scholarships which my mum spotted in The Star newspaper. I remember applying 3 which are Yayasan Cambridge Scholarship (which I don't think it's possible for me to get in... I just apply anyway), Sime Darby Yayasan Scholarship and Gamuda Scholarship. Little did I expect to be short listed in any of those that I have applied until Monday evening when I received an SMS from Sime Darby asking me to confirm my attendance for the Round Table Discussion.

The moment I read the SMS I was seriously dumb founded! I was panicking and a lot of things went through my head.... Can say that I literally forgot that I was working... All my mind can think of at that time is call mum! Cause I can barely think...

yeah, I was like dumb jor! ><"

After reaching home, I straight on my laptop without doing anything else and true enough~ I was short listed for the Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarship~ but it was scheduled on Tuesday at 8.30am at Sime Darby Convention Center at KL!!!! (the email was sent to me last thursday but due to my part time job, I hardly online and thus I didn't check my inbox) The time I checked my inbox was like on Monday night at 10.xxpm!!! At that time, I broke down thinking that I might not be able to make it to KL for the second round of assessment...

I kept blaming myself for not checking the email... How can I be so dumb to let this golden opportunity slip away?!

Luckily my mum came to my rescue~! She booked the midnight bus tickets for 2 (thank God there are vacancies...) and I quickly packed everything that was needed and head off to the bus station... Can say that I was very worried the whole way trough... Didn't even have the mood to feel happy... I was so scared that due to my extremely late reply, I might be eliminated from the list... I kept praying hard and cross my fingers...

I slept for 5 restless hours in the bus and I have reached KL... Went to my aunt's place to bath and get myself prepared and before I knew it, here I was in the Sime Darby Convention Center wearing office attire and looking at other candidates... All of them look so smart! >.<


Made a few friends when I was there... One thing which I really like about there is that everyone communicate in English! wee~ And they are seriously smart asses! There are those who already got their offer letter from The Imperial College of London! Some doing law, engineering, medicine, econs and the list goes on~ There is one girl who even flew all the way from Sabah just to attend this second assessment thing! Imagine that!

Anyway, in this second assessment, we are divided into a group of 6 people and were given a business case thingy to discuss... That's why it was called the Round Table Discussion... 10minutes of individual time and 40minutes of group discussion... and my group members were like wow! their ideas were great! It's like everyone in the room is competing with each other for a place in the 3rd round and yet we depend on each other for more ideas and solutions... Challenging is the word to describe it~ ;)



Those who are qualified for the next round will be informed via email on this coming Thursday which is 2 days from now~! omg~~~ nervous~~~ ^^" Well, even if I'm not qualify for the third round, at least I had the experience of being short listed and having the chance to know so many great people... It was a memorable experience which I'm glad to have~ ^^V

No comments:

Delcious Icecream

advertisements

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Free Personal signatures - cool!

TEXTAREA_ID